Teen Readers Council
The Teen Readers Council is a volunteer program for Los Angeles teens, grades 9-12, at Children’s Book World that gives them the opportunity to participate in and influence the teen programming at the bookstore. Members will have the opportunity to read advance reader copies of yet-to-be released books, write book reviews for the council’s blog, and will be able to interact with their peers in helping to make Children’s Book World a great resource for teens. For more information and for any questions emails us at email@example.com.
Visit our blog at: http://teenreaderscouncil.blogspot.com
- You must be grades 9-12.
- You must live in the Los Angeles area.
- Must be willing to commit to a school year.
What do Teen Readers Council members do?
- Read advance reader copies of unpublished books and recommend books the book buyer should order for the store.
- Write reviews of books, feature stories, and opinion pieces for the council’s blog.
- Assist with teen author store events.
- Create teen book displays.
- Attend monthly meetings.
How much time will it involve?
Members will attend one hour long meeting the first Tuesday of every month and will read at least one book and write one review due by the end of each month. The rest of the time will be left up to the member and how much they want to participate in extra blog posts, author events, or any other T.R.C. activities.