Not in stock but may be ordered. Subject to Publisher Availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Tillerman Cycle series.
- #2: Dicey's Song (The Tillerman Cycle #2) (Paperback): $12.99
- #3: A Solitary Blue (The Tillerman Cycle #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: The Runner (The Tillerman Cycle #4) (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Come a Stranger (The Tillerman Cycle #5) (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Sons from Afar (The Tillerman Cycle #6) (Paperback): $7.99
- #7: Seventeen Against the Dealer (The Tillerman Cycle #7) (Paperback): $12.99
A Time Best YA Book of All Time (2021)
The iconic start to the timeless, Newbery-winning series from Cynthia Voigt is repackaged with a fresh new look.
“It’s still true.” That’s the first thing James Tillerman says to his older sister, Dicey, every morning. It’s still true that their mother has abandoned the four Tillermans in a mall parking lot somewhere in the middle of Connecticut. It’s still true that they have to find their own way to Great-aunt Cilla’s house in Bridgeport. It’s still true that they need to spend as little as possible on food and seek shelter anywhere that is out of view of the authorities. It’s still true that the only way they can hope to all stay together is to just keep moving forward.
Deep down, Dicey hopes they can find someone to trust, someone who will take them in and love them. But she’s afraid it’s just too much to hope for....
About the Author
Cynthia Voigt won the Newbery Medal for Dicey’s Song, the Newbery Honor Award for A Solitary Blue, and the National Book Award Honor for Homecoming, all part of the beloved Tillerman Cycle. She is also the author of many other celebrated books for middle grade and teen readers, including Izzy, Willy-Nilly, and Jackaroo. She was awarded the Margaret A. Edwards Award in 1995 for her work in literature, and the Katahdin Award in 2004. She lives in Maine.