Step-up your science and STEM smarts with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that there are no sounds in space? Or that rainbows appear only in the morning or late afternoon? Find out why!
Perfect for budding scientists who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their science know-how, DK findout! Science is sure to inspire the next amazing science fair project. Inside, author Dr. Emily Grossman breaks down what science is and why it's so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Learn about forces, the laws of motion, simple machines, and electrical circuits
- Read about great scientists in history, such as Thomas Edison, Marie Curie, and Albert Einstein
- See how the water cycle moves water from one place to another around our planet
- Discover how things like gravity and magnetism change our daily lives
- Hear from real-life expert Dr. Suze Kundu what it's like to be a materials scientist today
- Fold out the cover for a science quiz and timeline
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about science—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
About the Author
Author and consultant Dr. Emily Grossman is a science communicator, broadcaster, and educator, as well as an expert in molecular biology and genetics.
Trusted by parents, teachers, librarians, and kids across the world, DK is an award-winning publisher of visual reference books for children, including the DK Eyewitness Books, DK findout!, and Maker Lab series. DK books combine clear photography and illustration with expert text to show you what others only tell you.
“High-interest topics, an abundance of eye-catching photos and visuals, and accessible text are a mainstay of DK titles, and the entries in this DK findout! series are no exception” –Booklist
“Photographs dominate the image-centric layout, augmented by informational bursts and sidebars, quizzes, and interviews… [A]n engaging, accessible format” –Publishers Weekly
“Filled with the beautiful photographs that DK is known for, plus a multitude of facts, prepare to not see your child for a few hours as they pore over these gorgeous books.” –Brightly