On Our Shelves Now - Subject to Availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Mindy Kim series.
- #1: Mindy Kim and the Yummy Seaweed Business (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Mindy Kim and the Birthday Puppy (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Mindy Kim, Class President (Hardcover): $17.99
- #5: Mindy Kim and the Trip to Korea (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Mindy Kim and the Big Pizza Challenge (Paperback): $6.99
- #7: Mindy Kim and the Fairy-Tale Wedding (Paperback): $6.99
- #8: Mindy Kim Makes a Splash! (Paperback): $6.99
- #9: Mindy Kim and the Summer Musical (Paperback): $6.99
- #10: Mindy Kim and the Mid-Autumn Festival (Paperback): $6.99
- #11: Mindy Kim, Big Sister (Paperback): $6.99
Fresh Off the Boat meets Junie B. Jones in this second novel in an adorable new chapter book series about Mindy Kim, a young Asian American girl who is getting ready to celebrate Lunar New Year!
Mindy is excited to celebrate the Lunar New Year! Even though it’s the first one without her mom, Mindy is determined to enjoy the day. She decides to make traditional Korean New Year food, a rice cake soup that’s her favorite. But things aren’t going quite to plan, and the celebration doesn’t feel the same as it did before.
With the help of her family and friends, can Mindy find a way to still enjoy her old holiday traditions, and create new ones along the way?
About the Author
Lyla Lee is the bestselling author of young adult novels like I’ll Be the One and Flip the Script. She also writes the Mindy Kim series for younger readers and the Gigi Shin books for the middle school crowd. Her books have been translated into multiple languages around the world. Born in South Korea, she’s since then lived in various cities throughout the United States. Inspired by her English teacher, she started writing her own stories in fourth grade and finished her first novel at the age of fourteen. After working various jobs in Hollywood and studying Psychology and Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California, she now lives in Dallas, Texas. Visit Lyla at LylaLeeBooks.com or on social media (Instagram, X (previously known as Twitter), and TikTok @LiteraryLyla).
Dung Ho (pronounced Dzung) is the illustrator of the New York Times bestselling picture book Eyes That Kiss in the Corners, Eyes that Speak to the Stars, Me and Ms. Too, The Mindy Kim books, and many others. Born and raised in Hue, Vietnam, she worked in the design and advertising industries before discovering a great passion for illustration and picture books and becoming a freelance illustrator. She lives and works in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.