Awesome Asian Americans: 20 Stars Who Made America Amazing (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now - Subject to Availability.
Enjoy the best children's anthology of noteworthy Asian Americans. This compelling collection features 20 profiles with 60 action-packed, color illustrations.It's about time - rebel girls, rad women, little leaders, and great guys are Asian American too Readers will enjoy learning about 20 groundbreaking citizens who have contributed to the USA.
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson (actor)
- Bruce Lee (martial artist)
- Mindy Kaling (comedy writer)
- Jeremy Lin (basketball player)
- Lea Salonga (singer)
- Steven Chu (Nobel prize winning physicist)
- Yuri Kochiyama (activist)
- Sammy Lee (Olympic gold medalist)
- Helen Zia (journalist)
- Tyrus Wong (painter)
- Chrissy Teigen (model/entrepreneur)
- David Chang (chef)
- Satya Nadella (Microsoft CEO)
- Dr. Jane Luu (astronomer)
- Daniel K. Inouye (senator/soldier)
- Dolly Gee (lawyer/judge)
- Shahid Khan (business owner)
- Victoria Manolo Draves (Olympic gold medalist)
- Sono Osato (dancer)
- Flossie Wong-Staal (scientist)
These profiles of compelling personalities, men and women from diverse backgrounds and vocations, are brought to life with fantastic color illustrations.
Immigrants and their children continue to enrich America's culture. Discover important chapters of U.S. history not covered in school textbooks, and the marvelous accomplishments of these trailblazers. Challenged by racism, prejudice, and stereotypes, these pioneers forged ahead and became role models for generations to come.Parents and children will enjoy learning about these compelling personalities. These captivating chapters make great reading for any hour, from book reports to bedtime stories. Teachers and librarians will use this contemporary collection as a relevant resource and an accessible reference. Artist Juan Calle's 60 dynamic color illustrations bring these fascinating and informative portraits to life. I really enjoyed your book, a great mix of Asian-Americans from different fields and countries, with many types of stories that should inspire young readers. I learned a lot
- Milton Chen, Senior Fellow, George Lucas Educational Foundation
About the Author
Oliver Chin wrote the children's book series Tales from the Chinese Zodiac and Julie Black Belt, as well as the sports commentary The Tao of Yao: Insights from Basketball's Brightest Big Man. Phil Amara was an editor at Dark Horse Comics, and wrote The Nevermen, The Treehouse Heroes, and So, You Wanna Be A Comic Book Artist? He is an elementary school teacher in Boston, MA.